Coordinators, Michele Crocker (left) & Cara Doherty (right)
Volunteer with RangeCare and use your existing skills while learning new ones in a welcoming and supportive team environment … and it's great to know that you are making a real difference in people’s lives.
RangeCare’s volunteers play a significant role in supporting both our clients and staff. Each year our volunteers typically contribute over 10,000 hours of their time. This incredible generosity allows RangeCare to support our clients in living their best life through delivering a comprehensive range of services.
Our volunteer roles include:
• Meal Delivery volunteers deliver meals to people’s homes through RangeCare’s meal services:
- Meals on Wheels volunteers collect and deliver nutritious meals to people’s homes in both Maleny and Flaxton/Mapleton
- Frozen Meal Delivery volunteers deliver delicious meals made in the RangeCare Cottage
• Volunteer drivers take clients to and from medical appointments
• Kitchen volunteers assist at the Cottage Social & Respite Centre in Flaxton, Nambour and our Social Morning in Maleny
• Social support volunteers support staff with social activities at our Day Respite Centres in Nambour and Flaxton, as well as our weekly social group in Maleny
• Social Support volunteers visit people in their homes or make regular phone calls to offer friendship and social support to older people
• Op Shop volunteers support the RangeCare Op Shop in Mapleton
• Office admin volunteers assist with various administration tasks such as preparing mail outs, collating information packs and data entry
• RangeCare’s Board of Directors consist of elected volunteer members
All prospective volunteers will attend an interview with one of our Volunteer Coordinators. Other requirements for volunteer roles include:
• A commitment of at least 6 months
• Undertaking a successful Criminal History Screening through the issuing of a Yellow Card
• Reliability and a warm and friendly approach
We work with our volunteers to best match their skills and areas of interest with our organisational needs. We offer a welcoming and supportive team environment.
Current volunteer vacancies
Would you like to do something that is both rewarding and benefits your community?
RangeCare is currently seeking new volunteers and we would love for you to join us!
We are looking for:
Op Shop volunteers in our RangeCare Op Shop in Mapleton
Social Support Volunteers to visit older adults in their home – In areas such as Nambour to the coast
Aqua aerobics volunteer at Woombye
Transport driver volunteers across the Sunshine Coast
Volunteer Gardener at the Nambour Day Centre
Gympie Volunteer Positions are now also available
Volunteering matters. Join the people who make a difference in our community.
If you have other skills or interests you would like to share, we would love to hear from you.
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator to find out more.
Call 07 5445 7044 or email email@example.com
Or complete our volunteer expression of interest form.