Coordinators, Michele Crocker (left) & Cara Doherty (right)
Volunteer with RangeCare and use your existing skills while learning new ones in a welcoming and supportive team environment … and it's great to know that you are making a real difference in people’s lives.
RangeCare’s volunteers play a significant role in supporting both our clients and staff. Each year our volunteers typically contribute over 10,000 hours of their time. This incredible generosity allows RangeCare to support our clients in living their best life through delivering a comprehensive range of services.
Our volunteer roles include:
• Meal Delivery volunteers deliver meals to people’s homes through RangeCare’s meal services:
- Meals on Wheels volunteers collect and deliver nutritious meals to people’s homes in both Maleny and Flaxton/Mapleton
- Frozen Meal Delivery volunteers deliver delicious meals made in the RangeCare Cottage
• Volunteer drivers take clients to and from medical appointments
• Kitchen volunteers assist at the Cottage Social & Respite Centre in Flaxton, Nambour and our Social Morning in Maleny
• Social support volunteers support staff with social activities at our Day Respite Centres in Nambour and Flaxton, as well as our weekly social group in Maleny
• Social Support volunteers visit people in their homes or make regular phone calls to offer friendship and social support to older people
• Op Shop volunteers support the RangeCare Op Shop in Mapleton
• Office admin volunteers assist with various administration tasks such as preparing mail outs, collating information packs and data entry
• RangeCare’s Board of Directors consist of elected volunteer members
All prospective volunteers will attend an interview with one of our Volunteer Coordinators. Other requirements for volunteer roles include:
• A commitment of at least 6 months
• Undertaking a successful Criminal History Screening through the issuing of a Yellow Card
• Reliability and a warm and friendly approach
We work with our volunteers to best match their skills and areas of interest with our organisational needs. We offer a welcoming and supportive team environment.
Current volunteer vacancies
• Volunteer drivers – Nambour & surrounds
• Volunteer in-home visitors – Nambour & surrounds
Like to find out more?
Please complete our volunteer expression of interest form which will be forwarded to our office or call 5445 7044 and ask to speak with one of our Volunteer Coordinators.
If you would like to find out more about our current opportunities, please email:
Cara for Maleny & Flaxton volunteer opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Michele for Nambour & greater Sunshine coast volunteer opportunities at email@example.com